i- Tree and it's benefits
• Ian Rodgers will be talking about the managing of trees in the Royal Oaks
• Jan Willem de Groot . i-Tree calculates the benefits of trees. We all know that the larger the canopy of a tree the higher the ecosystem services are. Trees in our cities are planted with a purpose. We want them to develop into large, healthy and safe trees that provide us the optimum ecosystem services. But, just planting a tree doesn’t make it successful! If we want our new planted trees to be successful one day, we need to give them the right tree management. Based on his experience in The Netherlands Jan Willem de Groot will give a presentation about young tree management based on a plan.
• Rob Scholefiled, The invisible asset: using i-Tree to raise the profile of trees and ecosystem services in the Housing sector.
• Dale Mortimer. A review of the i-Tree survey undertaken in the London Borough of Ealing this summer (2017). Discussing: the partnership between Trees for Cities, Treeconomics, Ealing Council, the Greater London Authority and, the Forestry Commission; the planning and execution of the project; the results and interpretation; and the positive outcomes that will be used to further enhance Ealing’s urbans forest
• Richard Barnes• Will be speaking about the on-going Newcastle City Council I-tree project. Explaining the City thought it necessary and the anticipated results. He will explain what has happened so far and what is planned. He will also speak about the organisation necessary both within the Authority and externally within the wider community